Thursday 29 January 2009

Planning ahead

Last night was obedience, Zippy was first on in his puppy class and it was such a lovely way to start the evening. He is a very outgoing puppy and loves meeting all his friends, especially Rosie a Border terrier in his class. He is a very keen worker and it is such a pleasure to train him, in fact he makes it very easy for me, he definitely takes after his daddy for his drive.

Kody was on form again with dad, we had to show each other in the class how we got on with our homework and they made it look easy, we even learnt A-recall in class and they even mastered that, in fact better than Pudsey and me, I was handicapped though, someone from the class forgot to bring treats for their dog so I ended up giving them some of Pudsey's hot dogs. Well that was a major disaster, well to Pud anyway, he sulked for about 5 minutes after that and even refused to do his A-recall.

Dogs are just like kids !!!!

He soon got out of his grump and made up for it by being the only dog to complete the stay.

BEAT THAT DAD !! (Not that we are competitive or anything)

Sunday has been confirmed for flyball training. Mum is coming along to box load so we can all practice racing our own dogs. Hopefully Emma's other team will practice against us so Kody gets used to dogs running along side him.

As Ronny is bullet proof at flyball dad had been racing with him, I ran Keisha, now Kody is in the team I will finally get my rocket back. I have been waiting for this !!!
Keisha will still run but will swap with Kody so we will have more fresh legs, when Keisha is racing I will have to revert back to running her, she is a mummy's girl and doesn't like running for anyone else.

The weather isn't looking good for agility training on Sunday, I really want it to be on so the dogs get all their silly billy's out before the competition next saturday. Keisha will probably be good but I will never keep up with Ronny when he gets those rocket legs going, he doesn't even slow down in the weaves or on the contacts to give me chance to catch up. I cant even imagine how Kody will be, he is not slow either, it will be an exciting day that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment