Sunday 8 November 2009

Three training days

Picture of Ronny and Rusty
After a 4.30am alarm clock Friday turned out to be a great day, Emma and me picked up some really useful tips, we both have different style dogs in Maisy and Keisha so we were able to come away with different ideas. The good thing about a group session is you get to see other peoples problems and learn ways to overcome it, something that will be handy for future training.

Saturday's training at Helen and Andy Browns was fantastic, we did some really tricky courses and I have come away with things I want to work on, saying that I was really chuffed with Keisha, she is running really well and I think our training is paying off. I know the World Champs training in Kent was today so I hope it went well for everyone.

Today's training didn't quite go to plan, Zippy and Ronny was supposed to be at club but unfortunately it was called off for the second week in a row, the rain is really annoying at times, saying that by 11:00am it had stopped so I packed the mob in the van and went down to the field. All the dogs did the same course, we worked on what we had learnt on Friday with Dave Munnings and all of them had a great session. We finished the day with contact training, mum came up to help which I really appreciated, the older three did some really nice work, Kody and Keisha are now glue-ing their feet to the contacts which is nice, Ronny had the odd running contact (not quite what I wanted) Zippy is starting to understand what it is all about and Pudsey was just a nightmare, I think it was a case of 1 step forward and 3 steps back today, im going to sit down and think about what went wrong later. I think it would have been a bit greedy to get them all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment