Monday 4 May 2009

Run Ronny Run

Ronny and me have had the best day ever. We arrived at Newbury just after 8.00am this morning and I rushed out of the van to walk Ronny's and Keisha's agility course. I really liked the course and I thought it would suit Ronny down to the ground. Keisha ran first and I must admit I used this as a training run ready for the qualifier later in the day, it was a good job as she jumped that dam A-Frame again, I have no idea what is going through her head. Ronny ran next and it was just such a joy to work with him, he was really fast and listened like a hawk, he planted his paws on every contact and flew around the course with no faults whatsoever. It was going to have to be a very quick collie to beat him but unfortunately that was the case, 2nd place we finished, I couldn't be disappointed at all as Ronny had run the perfect round and I guess on this occasion the smaller dog had the edge to turn the corners slightly faster. On the plus side, Ronny beat the dog that had knocked Keisha to second place in her agility and had also beat the two dogs that beat him in his jumping class on the saturday at Dordale too.

The qualifier was next and Ronny ran first, I feel that the luck was slightly against us today, he had got most of the way round when he approached the weaves and slipped and banged his head on the weave pole, it was then followed by me slipping over and making a right comedy sketch, nothing like providing entertainment for the crowd !!!
Keisha set off well in this class but although she did get all her contacts including that A-Frame they were rather slow, we also wasted a second trying to get the line right for the tunnel, she finished clear but it wasn't good enough to qualify.

Looking back I have had such a successful weekend, im really pleased with how Ronny is running and Keisha is slowly but surely getting back to her best, im looking forward to next week already.

No comments:

Post a Comment