Saturday 16 May 2009

Ronny goes Grade 5

With pouring rain and a fast sprinting agility course I knew Ronny was in for a good chance, there were a few traps which caught alot of the dogs out and the judge was being mean and marking the up contacts too, im pleased to announce that Ronny was brilliant. He always seems to perform well in the rain and by the speed he flew around the course it definitely confirmed it today, his contacts were definitely running ones so i must now hold him on them in the next few competitions.

If that wasn't enough, Keisha also had an amazing agility round and finished 2nd behind Ronny, her A-Frame was awesome so I am over the moon with her. I don't mind her coming second to Ronny :)

Kody was then first in the jumping, he had his first clear round and it was such a brilliant achievement as it had weaves and a tyre in it and as some of you are aware he kept running under it but today he cracked it, in fact he got the tyre in all of his three classes. Keisha went next and did a lovely jumping round to finish 4th, I braved the right hand weaves and she did them, I was so pleased as we have been working hard on them and today it paid off. I cant believe I am writing this but next up was Ronny, lets just say his name Rocket Ronny really suits, I was never gonna keep up so I decided to stay quite central and work him from a distance so I could get to the end where the technical part was, he was such a good boy and really listened to me, another 1st place OH MY GOD !!!


The agility show was hosted at a steam festival today, between the runs I managed to take Zippy and Pudsey around the venue to see what was on, pictured above are some owls that Zippy brought my attention too, he was very confused by them and just kept looking at them, Pudsey was more fascinated by the shire horses that were situated next door.

So that's it, what a great day, tomorrow is flyball so hopefully the weather wont be as bad as today, I will update you tomorrow with the days events.

No comments:

Post a Comment