Sunday 3 May 2009

No joy today

No rosettes to show for today but it has still been a successful day. Keisha started well with a lovely jumping round to finish just out of the placings, unfortunately they only placed to 6th and she finished 7th. Ronny's jumping didn't go so well, in fact I think he had about 5 poles down and that was a reminder to me, if he has to wait a couple of hours when we arrive to get a run then he seems to wind himself up in the van and then burst into the ring in manic mode.

Agility was next up, Ronny went first and we just seemed to click, he went most of the way round and did the same thing as yesterday, popped out of the last two weaves, I couldn't believe it as he was going so well. Keisha followed and was running really well until she decided she would jump off that bloody A-Frame again, thankfully the judge let me do it again and this time I made her do it.

We had to wait until the afternoon to run our last agility class, Keisha was first in and looked really good, stupid me pulled her off the jump and we ended up getting a refusal, in fact in some ways it was quite good as she did her best A-Frame contact this year and I was so happy with her I went back and praised her up, obviously this eliminated us but I think it was definitely worth doing.
Ronny followed and yet again he was flying, got all his contacts and right near the end I panicked and timed my left command a little early which pulled him off the jump, my dogs listen far too much !!!

I am really pleased with the doggies today and there were lots of positives to bring away, hopefully tomorrow we can get it together.

Jackie and Speedy were at the show today, he is such a lovely boy with a very gentle character, in fact he reminds me very much of Reno. Speedy has got similar colouring to Zippy but is slightly taller, he absolutely adores his mum which I think wins Jackie over, its a good job as from what I hear he is a very mischievous little man. The picture above is Zippy and Speedy playing together and the one to the right is Speedy chilling out watching his mum.

Final word must go to Anne and Crafty the boxer, they had their first ever clear round today so well done, keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment