Saturday 21 March 2009

Sheffield Flyball

Today was Kody's debue at his first open flyball competition The morning didn't get off to a good start, we never had a warm up run and went straight into racing. It was hosted inside a sports hall today and it was the loudest venue I have ever heard. At first we couldn't get Kody to concentrate and look down the lane towards the box, when he did he ran quite well. Our regular team looked a bit rusty and really we weren't running our best, Ronny even dropped the ball on a couple of occasions. I must admit I did feel stressed this morning, having three of my own dogs in the ring was very hard work, especially as they are all manic. I think all of us were glad when the morning session had finished.

Over lunch we talked about our team tactics and decided I would run Kody as he really needed the extra help and dad would race with Ronny. I'm pleased to say it went to plan and Kody ran fantastically well for the rest of the day. On reflection both Smartie and Kody had a really successful day and it looks great for the future.

Pudsey and Zippy had a great day out, they played for hours together and we even managed to fit a nice long walk in. Zippy was absolutely fascinated by the dogs racing and I can feel another Ronny in the making !!!

Tomorrow we are off to Newark showground for agility, Jan, Lisa and Chris will be coming down and bringing Speedy, Ronny's son (Zippy's litter brother) and Richard and family are also coming along with Eva and Zippo (Zippy's litter sister and brother) I cant remember if Natalie is coming along so there is potential for Reno to be there too, I'm definitely taking my camera for that !!!

Anyway I'm off to bed, I will update my blog tomorrow with the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment