Sunday 7 November 2010

Still in the running

Today was the first selection day for the BSD World Champs, yesterday we had a really good training day so I was going in feeling alot more confident than last week.

I dropped the boys off at mum and dad's this morning and set of for the long daunting task, I must admit I was feeling really nervous this morning and the drive there seemed to take ages.

Anyway, the first run was quite a tricky agility course, nothing I felt Keisha couldn't do but the trap for us was the tunnel laying next to the dog walk, first time round it was to take the tunnel, then second time to take the dog walk. After practicing this combination I felt Keisha may take the dog walk rather than the tunnel so I had already made up my mind I was going to try and force her line more towards the tunnel and to try and cut the dog walk view. Well I definitely cut the view off from the dog walk but in my stupid panic to do this actually ended up pushing her completely past the tunnel and forced her to take a jump getting us eliminated. This was definitely a case of not trusting my dog, I was so annoyed at myself for doing this and putting us both under pressure, any other time I would have left her to it and she probably would have had no issues.

So back to the van, a massive telling off for myself and a case of getting my nerves under control. The next agility round was quite straight forward but alot of traps and definitely a need for obstacle discrimination, this time I had already decided I was going to trust Keisha fully, not crowd her and just be there to help set the nicest line for her, she ran it beautifully and even managed a lovely A-Frame and Dog walk contact so I was proper chuffed with her, a lovely clear round, phew !!!

Then on to the two jumping rounds, I always feel so much more confident in these classes, Keisha is a good technician and a clean jumper so its just getting her round, well thats what we did, two really good clears, in the last round I had given Keisha a bad line and nearly forced her to run past the long jump, I just realised before it was too late and stuck my arm out in the hope she would react, thankfully my little honest dog did and somehow managed to clear it, I was so amazed by it, I can remember shouting good girl to her as she landed, now that's what I call TEAM WORK.

Im not sure where we are currently lying, the results are due out on tuesday so we will have to wait until then, we gained a 2nd, 3rd and a 4th today so I reckon we are probably about 4th-ish, the top 8 qualify so I think we are still in the running for one of those qualifying places.

No comments:

Post a Comment