Wednesday 17 November 2010

Discover Dogs Update

Discover Dogs on sunday was a great experience, as it was my first time going I hadn't realised it was actually a competition rather than just a display/training in the ring I was hoping for. Well anyway, I had already made up my mind I was going to push for speed and just have fun, try and get Keisha running on in front again and to take a chance once in a while rather than just go for a clear. Well the jumping was first up and quite a nice flowing course, Keisha ran lovely and seemed to cope with the carpet surface very well, we finished 4th and actually only finished less than a second behind the leader.

The agility round in the afternoon was a really nice course, with my contacts completely stripped back for training and currently in a complete mess I knew we were going to miss our A-Frame and Dog Walk contact so I wasn't disappointed at all, how can you complain when you haven't trained it properly !!!

On the positive side Keisha ran the rest of the course brilliantly and had one of the best times, she was so enthusiastic which was so nice to see, lets hope our contacts are up to standard when we go to Olympia !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment