Sunday 13 December 2009

Weave Training

This weekend has been so busy, I cant believe Ive had my three days off already.
The cages are now fitted in the van which means we are fully mobile again, Ive just got a few finishing touches to do inside to make it perfect for the dogs and me.
This weekend Ive managed a good amount of training, the puppies jumping is coming on nicely and we can now string a couple of sequences together. I started their weave training yesterday which actually turned out to be quite successful, Zippy showed he had the most brains and seemed to have no problem at all on day 1. Kody on the other hand found it quite difficult, he just didn't get it at first but I persevered and by the end of it he started to get the hang of it.
Agility class was on this morning so I took Zippy along, he ran really well today and it was a definite sign that the training is paying off, he even managed the dog walk at full height. I decided not to stop for the second class as I thought it would be more beneficial if I went to the field and continued the dogs on Day 2 of weaves. I'm so glad I did, we have had a brilliant afternoon, Zippy is a natural, he just gets it (well at the moment anyway) Pudsey seems to share his brains too. Kody had a massive break through today and he is now up to the same standard as the others. I will have to continue with Day 3 next weekend as the time I get home from work it is so dark, I wonder if they will remember it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment