Sunday 6 December 2009

20 Legs are currently running as 19

My mob of 20 legs is not currently running at full strength. I woke up this morning to find Ronny lame on his front left leg, not sure what he has done but I think it might be his foot. It was such a shame as today was the Jumping Grids Training day that I had really been looking forward to, something that would have been great for Ronny. Anyway after finally getting over my disappointment this morning I packed Keisha in the van and headed off, it was probably a blessing in disguise as Keisha always stands quietly and calmly which enables me to hear what the trainer is staying. We have had such a good day, I have learnt loads of new training techniques that I will be able to set up in the garden if it ever drys out. It will be really useful for all my dogs and I will hopefully be able to work out what their strengths and weaknesses are. Today we worked on two grids, balance and scope. Keisha appears to be a naturally talented jumper with great balance and judgement, her only downfall appears to be the odd bunny hop she tends to throw in, but I have been given some homework to practice on for that.

I am now up and running in the new van, it was handy having the training day as I was able to give it a good run down the motorway and along some tight country roads to get used to it, the new cages are being fitted on friday so hopefully we will be back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment