Wednesday 14 October 2009

What alarm

This morning was a complete drama. For some reason my alarm didn't go off, or I turned it off, or I didn't set it, who knows, but subsequently what I usually do in an hour I had to do in 20 mins. Thankfully the dogs were well behaved this morning, usually they seem to know that you are running late and take extra long to empty their systems, but it was a quick dash about the field and back in. For once I was organised and had already ironed my shirt so it was pretty much grab my bag and the dogs and out the door.

After a few hectic weeks at work it seems to have calmed down, either that or they are secretly stashing all my work and it will land on my desk in one big heap tomorrow. I cant believe I have been in post for 8 months, where has the time gone. After 10 years working shifts it was a complete shock to finally work a 9-5 job. The first few weeks I had to keep walking around the office as I was falling asleep at my desk, getting up every morning at the same time was mind blowing. Obviously I have since adapted (boss if your reading I don't fall asleep anymore) and absolutely love the new life style.

The knock on effect to that is the dogs have regular training now, I am currently putting in place our winter training plan. Tonight me and the 5 dogs did some waits in front of the jump (individually of course) after Keisha broke her wait at the WC qualifier and got us eliminated I thought it was time to sort the problem out. It just goes to show what naughty habits I have let the dogs get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment