Sunday 11 October 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend has been non stop, but definitely one I wouldn't mind doing again.

Saturday Keisha and me headed off for the first selection day of the WC qualifier. It was nice to catch up with all the Belgian people and of course all the Belgians !!!
Before we started we were allowed a minute practice on the FCI tyre jump and weaves, something that I was concerned about as I wasn't sure how Keisha would react to them. Thankfully for me she didn't react at all and took them without any hesitation.
Anyway our first agility run went well, she got all her contacts and just knocked one pole, so a good start to the day. The second run didn't go so well, she broke her wait and I just couldn't save it, subsequently getting eliminated, she was a bit naughty in that round and in fact it almost seemed like she had borrowed Ronny's brain. A quick team talk and half an hour in the van to rest seemed to do the trick. In the afternoon she then did two great jumping runs and managed a clear in both. So a great day for us both, I must admit, I really enjoyed the courses, quite challenging and they do seem to suit Keisha and me.

Today was Zippy's first agility class and it was brilliant fun. We did straight lines and a few easy turns and he was such a good boy. We tried the tunnel for the first time but Zippy wasn't keen !!!
Unfortunately it didn't last long and now he is completely happy to run through it, especially if his toy is at the other end.
Speedy was a good boy, he is tunnel mad already (I cant think who that reminds me of).
I cant wait until next week, I think Jackie and me are going to need energy pills.


No comments:

Post a Comment