Friday 14 January 2011

When it rains it pours .......

When it rains it pours ........ well what's new with the Great British weather, we finally get rid of the snow and in place of it we get rain, rain and more rain and this weekend it is forecast to ...... rain !!!

On the bright side training is still going ahead, last week we started back at Hinckley which was good, the only problem is it's an outdoor venue and if the weather is bad it usually gets cancelled. So for a little while I have been looking for another club, in addition to Hinckley, somewhere with an indoor venue which should allow us to continue training especially through these winter months.

Well last night we started that new club, it's a lovely brand new indoor venue at an equestrian centre, the surface is fantastic with the floor space bigger than a normal outdoor competition ring. We worked on FCI type courses with the main focus on obstacle discrimination. I think this club is going to suit me and my doggies.

Tomorrow I am booked on to a weave and contact workshop, apparently they are going to test us with a series of exercises which are designed to highlight any weaknesses. I know my contacts and weaves have so much scope for impovement so im hoping I will come back with some new training techniques to improve these.

No comments:

Post a Comment