Monday 3 January 2011

Review of 2010 and Aims of 2011

The idea of reviewing the year gone by is a good one, I think sometimes you need to sit down and reflect on what has gone well, I know I can be quite hard on myself and sometimes I miss the opportunity to actually see all the positives that have happened.

Well this year has actually been amazing, I guess the star shinning brightly was Keisha, what a great little (squeaky) dog she is, finally breaking free the chains of Grade 4, can you believe she was in it for a year and it took us 22 second places before we finally hit that winning out run, on her first class of her first G5 show she won straight into G6, how mad is that !!! We are currently sitting on 2 x wins towards G7. She qualified for the Dog Vegas Final, Olympia which was an amazing experience and we also competed at the BSD World Champs in May. To Top it all off she finished 2nd in The Agility Club League (G4) and she is currently the regional winner for the Agility Eye (as it stands now, im sure there are still points to count).

Zippy, my little super star, I absolutely love this dog, he is everything and more what I hoped for, a proper little Ronny in the making. He started his agility career at the end of April and by the 10th Show he had won into G4, he finished 14th in the Agility Club league (G3) and is currently sitting in 5th Place in the regional of Agility Eye. At the last Christmas Show I finally started to see his confidence grow and he beat Keisha in two classes, hopefully he will start to put his foot down a bit more next season.

Ronny..... he didn't qualify for any finals or get any great results in the leagues, but in my eyes we had the best year ever, I finally got that start line WAIT back which I had lost for over two years, we had some amazing clear rounds and at times we even had controlled contacts before those bl**dy tunnels, my boy finally made it to G6 and has got 1 x win to G7. What makes him extra special, is he is such a good daddy to Zippy, they are like two peas in a pod.

So my AIM this year ........ To have super solid START LINE WAIT's and fantastic contacts. If I can achieve both of these I will be the happiest mummy in the world.

Training has been going very well, all the doggies have been working really hard on their waits, there is still plenty of room for improvement but it is starting to take shape. Today we were at the field and worked mainly on weave entries and the A-Frame contact.

Last year I was trying to get Keisha to do a running A-Frame but decided in the end to sack it as it just didn't suit her, I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't get it to work but it's true, different things suit different dogs.

Well .......... I didn't give it completely up and Zippy is now in training with his running A-Frame, it seems to be really suiting him, we tried it out at the Christmas Show and on both occasions he got it so I was proper chuffed. Mum was at the field this morning to video his training footage along with some jumping sequences from all the doggies.



I finally want to say, good luck to everyone for the new year, I hope it's an enjoyable and prosperous one !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment