Sunday 9 January 2011

Club training start's again for us

So today was our first day back at club since the season finished last year, with it being at another venue it was good to proof the skills I had taught the dogs prior to Christmas, especially Zippy's A-Frame and pull in's. Well the training went well and I was really happy with Zippy's progress on all his skills, I had forgotten how wound up he gets when there are other doggies playing the same game as him.

Keisha had a great class, we learnt a brand new skill today, a new turn that is used frequently by the Europeans, I have posted a video I found on You Tube that has plenty of the turns in, it feels really strange at the minute, everything we were taught not to do, take your eyes off the dog, turn the other way etc etc, have a look you will understand what I mean. The advantage of this turn is to make the dog turn tighter and apparently we as handlers are facing the way we would be going. This afternoon I practiced it when Emma came to training, i think it might work but it will remain a training technique until we master it efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment