Monday 24 January 2011

BCC of GB Agility Show

The whole idea of this show was a progress check to see how training is going, ive come back with lots of things I want to work on. Ronny as ever, was his usual uncontrollable self, he managed no clears and two of the rounds we got a big fat E before we even got going, he did do a nice agility round, his contacts were incredibly good for him, he even held his see-saw before a tunnel so there is definite progress on that, unfortunately he knocked 2 poles in this round but on the whole I was pleased with him.

Keisha drives me insane, her training had been going so much better and I was hoping it would pay off today, sadly not the case, she ran all her rounds like a snail, her contacts were poor, although she got them it was like watching paint dry, she seems to have lost all her drive to go on, im not sure why, maybe because it was indoors or maybe because she is doing her girlie hormone thing or maybe it's because of me, whatever it is im just going to keep praising her and try and get her confidence back.

Zippy was just awesome today, I wanted to try out his running A-Frame and make sure we got solid stops on the other two contacts, mum managed to tape his first round and looking back I slowed him too early on the DW so in the next round I made sure I drove him right to the end. Anyway apart from my odd late handling command Zippy ran brilliantly, he had 6th in C1-4 Agility, 7th in C4-5 Jumping and then won G4 agility in his last round of the day. So my plans are now ruined as I wanted to keep Zippy in G4 until at least half way through the season, I guess we will just work hard on our contacts in shows and make sure we hold the DW and See-saw to confirm the position.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....Well done Jo and Zippy :-) You're both incredible!! Reno is so proud of his Bruv.

    Good luck in Grade 5.

    Nat and Reno xx

    ReplyDelete