Sunday 5 July 2009

Tuffley Update

This weekends weather turned out to be quite good after all, not a single drop of rain on saturday just lots of sun, today was quite good but the rain did arrive about lunch time, showers on and off for the rest of the day, I still managed to sneak in some sunbathing time and I have come away looking a little more tanned.


Update from the weekend, no clears off Ronny but he was definitely on form, yesterday his agility was brilliant, I found the course quite tricky but I was really chuffed that Ronny and me got most of the way round just messing up the easy bit, he broke a weave pole but carried on, he did a lovely running contact from the dog walk into the tunnel (he was supposed to stop) but after all that I just over worked trying to get him in the tunnel that was situated under the A-Frame and somehow managed to push him past it can you believe. Unfortunately he didn't go clear in the ABC qualifier either, bad handling by myself, I didn't help him enough with getting the angle correct onto the dog walk and at his speed he just couldn't keep his balance.

Keisha however did go clear in the ABC qualifier, she proved me wrong in getting that A-Frame contact, sadly for her my handling was slightly off and I pushed her far to wide on two jumping sequences and lost that vital couple of seconds, i will keep trying, one day im hoping to qualify at least one of them.

Kody had a good weekend, he had a lovely clear in his jumping, he didn't get in the placings as we waste so much time getting through the weaves and on this occasion there was 12 of them, on the plus side he is running really well and I think next year he will be a proper contender for some of those placings.

Bonus for Ronny, Keisha and Zippy, there was a lovely stream suitable for swimming at the show, Zippy definitely is a water baby just like his parents. Sorry for the video and the above photo quality, I forgot to take my camera so had to use my mobile instead. The clip below is of Ronny and Zippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment