Wednesday 10 June 2009

Midweek Report

After a long grooming session yesterday the dogs no longer look like this picture.

This week I have managed to get lots of agility training in between the three dogs, on monday I took Ronny to Banbury and met up with Emma and Cathryn, who worked their dogs Maisy and Gemma. We had a really good session and managed to do lots of jumping sequences concentrating on our own body language, especially our arms.

Tuesday Kody had his agility class and we had a great session, it was quite clearly pointed out to me that I need to start running Kody like I do with Ronny and Keisha, I think I have been to cautious with him but its time to move up a gear, which I did and it was actually amazing to see that he took it all in his stride. My aim for sunday will be WORK HIM.

Tonight Keisha was brilliant, she did some really nice bounce work between jumps and got all her weave entries, her contacts were obviously brilliant as they always are in training, my aim for sunday with her is to get them in competition !

Ronny had a good session too, the odd pole went down but much better than last week, we did manage the tricky jumping sequences and some great contacts too, we had our first go on the table tonight, he initially had too much speed and jumped on and ran off as he couldn't stop, but once he worked it out he was spot on.

This weekend we are just competing on sunday at the Otley agility show, we are going up north for a change which is quite unusual as we usually compete in the midlands area or down south. The weather is looking iffy but i am hoping the weather man has got it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment