Monday 28 September 2009

Dashin Dogs Update

Keisha is officially back on form, we had some great runs at the weekend, I did really push her and she responded very well. On saturday she came 3rd in her jumping and then went on to run a brilliant agility round to finish 2nd, sadly my handling in that class really let her down as I ran a poor line and completely confused her forcing her to do those horrible collie turns in front of a jump, thankfully she rescued me and we finished the course, I just wish I could stop throwing our chances away. On sunday keisha ran another lovely agility round to finish 3rd, it is starting to come together now, well its typical, the season is about to finish !!!

Ronny is just in another league all together, he had some mad runs on saturday, his drive and enthusiasm just got the better of him and it was just another gentle reminder of how hard it is to actually work him.

Sunday didn't start great either, 3 poles in his jumping round, followed by him rushing the last jumping sequence in his agility to get eliminated, in fact we had 7 out of 8 eliminations.

But I can honestly say he ran the best agility round ever, it was G5-7 and I must admit I was absolutely dreading it, all those professional handlers stood queueing watching me and my out of control rocket.
The last thing mum said to me was "you will never get him around this course" ........

........ and off we set, he flew the first jumping set, hit the weave entry spot on at speed, zoomed up the dog walk and over it to stop dead, I lost sight of him over the fast jumping part as the judge got in my way (mind I couldn't keep up with him anyway), regained control over the tight pull ins and then up the back straight over the A-frame and on to the see-saw, sadly Ronny missed the down contact so I managed to stop him and put him back on getting us eliminated, he then finished the last tricky jumping sequence which a lot of dogs got eliminated on, not a single pole down and it was the fastest I've ever seen him run. I am still completely buzzing from it now, he was amazing. I didn't care that we hadn't gone clear, apart from the naughty contact he was really listening and he made us look good, thank you Ronny.

Congratulations to Emma and Maisy for their second jumping win, she wont be in the same pot with Ronny if you keep getting all these clear rounds !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment