Tuesday 22 March 2011

Toni Dawkins Training day

I always try and do training days with different people in the hope I can pick up some new techniques or find out what faults im teaching my dogs without realising it, some have been good courses and some have been far from it, I guess it depends on what suits you as a person and what methods you prefer to train with. Yesterday I took Zippy on a Toni Dawkins training day, what a great teacher she is, the hours flew past and we have learnt so much. We worked mainly on turns and contacts but also on rewarding or not at the appropriate times. Zippy had a great time and the techniques we learnt yesterday really do suit us as a partnership. I would definitley go on another training day with Toni.

This morning I went down to the field and practiced some of the techniques we learnt yesterday, it was so much fun and already I can see the benefit in our turns. The house is looking a bit bare with no DW in the front room so im going to bring in a couple of jump wings to fill in the space instead, that way we can practice a turn every time we go and make a cuppa tea.

Not long until the season starts, two more weekends of doing nothing and then it starts, yippee. Our first show is Spring @ Shuttleworth and we (dogs and me) cant wait. Kevin our caravan has just been serviced today, we will start to put our stuff back in over the next week or so and then we will be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment