Friday 25 March 2011

Good Zippy.... rubbish mummy

Last night we did a jumping course, it was really nice just to let the dogs have a blast and not nag them too much. At the start of the session I practiced the turns we had learnt at Toni Dawkins training day, Zippy did them brilliantly, if im honest im not sure if he maintained them when we were running the sequences as I was too busy trying to run him. I MUST TRY HARDER.

This was one of the sequences, it was really good fun, we kept getting a wide turn after jump 12, obviously I was telling Zippy too late so I then started to cue it early, too early ...... and then he would stop short, my timing on this jump was pants, poor Zippy !!!

Then we had a couple of issues with jump 14, I was either rushing off to get jump 15 which meant he was taking the wrong side of 14 or I was pushing him through the gap putting him on the right side to take the jump but still rushing off making him just run past it completely. My timing on this sequence was rubbish.

The other sequence was harder but we always managed to get round it, I think because I have to concentrate more which makes me give clearer signals to Zippy. It was nice to go back to more flowing courses, it has highlighted that I still need to work hard on my basic handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment