Friday 18 March 2011

Last nights training

I really enjoy going training on thursday's with Alan and Jackie Gardner, we always do some fantastic sequences and last night was no exception, infact I think this has been our best night yet, Zippy is running really well and he is so much fun. The sequences had some challenging parts last night but it was such a buzz.

Sequence 1:

This sequence ran really well, I started Zippy on my left and then almost scooped him between 3 & 4 to get the right line between the A-Frame and tunnel, this worked really well, if I had been running Ronny im not sure a scoop would of been the best option as he is so hard to call off a tunnel, thankfully Zippy is alot more responsive so it worked great. I then kept Zippy on my right and sent him on ahead from the A-Frame to the tunnel to get the weaves on his own. I was really chuffed with Zippy, we didn't struggle at all with this sequence, his line between 3 & 4 was always good and his weave entry was perfect, I was really trying to test his entry (almost trying to get him to fail) and sending him straight into the weaves from the tunnel but he just kept nailing it, what a good boy !!!

Problems on this one: It was mainly the weave entry, so many dogs were going in 2nd or 3rd pole down, handlers kept the tunnel on their right to try and call the dog out left and then run on a bit to straighten them up but the dogs still found the entry difficult.

Sequence 2:

This followed straight on from sequence 1 so coming from the weave poles, I left Zippy in the weaves so that I could get ahead and push around for jump 2, I pushed him around the outside (right side as you look at it) and then pushed through for jump 3 and sent him on ahead to do the see-saw which allowed me to cross behind him, the rest I ran several different ways as I wanted to see which lines suit Zippy the best.

Problems on this: there was only one problem area on this section, all revolving around jump 2 and 3, handlers were either too late in getting there so couldn't push around jump 2 or some handlers tried the push around on the inside line between jump 2 and 3 and dogs were pinging all over the place causing them to get the big fat E.

No comments:

Post a Comment