Friday 25 February 2011

Layering was the theme this week

Training at club last night was based on layering, the first sequence was sending to weaves whilst layering the rigid tunnel, it was a tricky set up as the tunnel was quite a distance away from the weaves, obstacle 11 was also strategically placed between 5 and 6 to encourage elimination (I felt anyway, lol) it was a good test of sending them on to the weaves from a distance and getting the entry all on their own. Initially Zippy and me found it quite hard, although he was getting his entry I was always finding myself in an awkward position, either too far past the tunnel so I wasn't actually layering it or too far this side of the tunnel which was making me either static or moving away too quick, which then subsequently seemed to pull Zippy out of the weaves. We finally got it right once I realised I just needed to support Zippy by leaving my arm out rather than dropping it once he got the entry.

The second sequence was layering the DW, this was so much more our thing, with Zippy having a reliable contact point (and I intend to keep it this way) I knew we could both power to the end with him stopping and allowing me to run on a little to get further up the course to prepare for a jump that was in a difficult position. This seemed to work really well and if there is an opportunity to try it out in competition im going to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment