Tuesday 21 December 2010

Wow, Olympia was amazing !!!

Wow what an experience, Olympia is definitely something I would love to do again, the arena was just amazing and the crowd were something else, I loved every moment of it.


Above is the jumping course for the afternoon session, it was definitely a sprint all the way round and by the time I got to jump 18 I had the worst lactic acid possible, thankfully Keisha flew by and finished ahead to stop the clock. In this round I set Keisha up sightly wrong at the start and she actually had a wide turn after 2 as she was looking at the long jump, after that she ran spot on and did a really nice round to finish 4th, for a dog that doesn't really like to sprint she definitely held her own against those Kelpie rockets.


The agility round didn't go quite aswell, after jump two I got in Keisha's way and pushed her past the weave entry making her take it the wrong side, I think the nerves got the better of me and I insisted on helping her which infact ended up being more of a hindrance, you think by now I would have learnt to let the dog do the obstacle on their own, after all I do train it that way !!! Still on the positive side, although her contacts were slow (making Keisha do the obstacles twice, in this case weaves, always makes her slow for the rest of the run) she did actually get them all, so training did pay off. We finished on 10 faults in the end as naughty mummy ran off to get to the end which made Keisha crash jump 18.

So yesterday was a great day, a great run and a not so great run but so much learnt, how nerves affect my performance which makes me do stupid things, in this case crowding my dog. But what a fantastic dog I own, who instantly forgave me for my stupid mistake and actually didn't feel any pressure of the whole experience, I am so glad it was Keisha who gave me the opportunity to run at Olympia, thankyou Ratty. x

No comments:

Post a Comment