Sunday 5 December 2010

Snow has gone, no more please !

I'm thinking the dogs may prefer wearing trainers in this weather, the ground has been so cold and icy and they must feel the difference on their feet. Anyway, the weather has improved over the last few days and with the rain last night the field is clear of all snow. Let's just hope we don't get anymore snow this week !!!

Last night I took Keisha to FCI training, I thought she might of been a bit wild due to us not getting much training done but she was actually fantastic, her contacts are looking much better now I have reverted back to 2o2o method, I really made the effort to layer the dog walk and let her work alone on the other side, normally I would not chance this as she is a bit of a cling-on but to my surprise she was absolutely brilliant at it, im definitely gonna take the opportunity when it arises in shows next year.

This morning we trained at the field, the ground was actually in good shape and had thawed nicely by the time we started to train, Zippy is doing really well with his skills, we are now up and running with pull-ins from both directions and his A-Frame is looking great. Ronny had very few poles today which was so nice to see, if I have learnt anything from this dog I would say it's TIMING, even now I find him hard work as he is soooooooooo into by body language and any slight movement at the wrong time he will always let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment