Sunday 5 September 2010

Keisha has qualified for Olympia

This weekend turned out far better than I ever expected, on Friday Ronny kicked off the weekend with a lovely run in his jumping class to finish 1st, he then went on to do a lovely clear in his C6-7 agility but sadly a miscommunication between which jump was next made us loose vital seconds which was enough to kick us out the placings, Zippy had a good day and ran a lovely jumping class to finish 7th. The only thing at Letchworth this year was the ground was so dry and dusty the dogs were slipping all over the place, im glad I was just there for the day.

Then on to saturday, I was dreading this day, I have never been before and was questioning myself if I had made the right decision in not entering all my dogs in an agility show to run one dog in the ABC semi-final, added with the pressure of my nerves which would no doubt force an error. Well the warm up run went to plan apart from the very end when Keisha decided to jump her A-Frame contact, the judge hadn't marked her but my natural reaction was to call her back and remind her of the job, I think everyone was a bit amazed but if I give Keisha an inch she will definitely take a mile and it was something I really didn't want to happen in the final.
Then on to the final, we were drawn 21 out of 100 so it was always going to be run from the front and not play safe, it turned out to be the right decision as there were some incredibly fast dogs. Keisha's run was a decent one, a brilliant A-Frame contact but when we arrived at the dog walk it was definitely not a solid one, a bit of luck on our side shall we say. The worst part of her round was the see-saw, infact it was pants, the worst she has done for a long time, I don't know if I over worked it but she seemed to be on there for an eternity, anyway we finished clear and ended up in 9th place meaning we have qualified for the final in December. Out of the 10 that qualified, 7 are Kelpies, 2 are Beardie's and Keisha is the only Belgian, we are being invaded by Kelpie's, COME ON THE BELGIANS !!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done thats brilliant news, I hope she got an ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    Thats Brilliant, well done both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne Shawley10/9/10 11:43 pm

    Well done, you deserve it. Your dogs are "amazing"

    ReplyDelete