Wednesday 9 June 2010

Weaves at 80%

Should have gone to agility club tonight but I decided against it, I thought it would be more beneficial if I went to the field and worked on the weaves with Zippy again. I have now identified that if he doesn't get his stride right going into the weaves then he doesn't single stride, if he gets it right he will single stride all the way through.

So now my training will focus on him getting the correct stride on entry. Currently I have the first 4 v-weaves set at an angle, the following 6 are straight up and the last 2 poles back at an angle to allow him to power through to the end. Currently we are working at about 80% success rate so im really pleased, tomorrow im aiming for 90% success rate, lets hope it goes to plan.

Kody had another speed session through the weaves, he is looking much more confident again so I think re-visiting the weaves quite often will do wonders for him.

Ronny and Keisha were having a night off, well at agility anyway, instead they joined Puddy for a good game of fetch to keep their muscles fighting fit with speed, it's amazing how Puddy comes to life when there is a ball involved !!!

I have received a better quality of video with Keisha in action at the World Champs, although it is the same rounds I have added it below so it's easily accessible for when I need reminding of my WC experience, thanks to Michelle for taking the time to video and send it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment