Sunday 20 June 2010

Golden Valley

Wow, what a difference in the weather, thinking it wasn't that hot on saturday I didn't bother with any sun cream and got burnt, today I plastered myself in it so hopefully I wont look too much like a lobster when I go to work tomorrow.

Another mixed weekend, some really great runs and some not so good. Ronny had a weave issue this weekend, he refuses to steady himself for the entry and subsequently kept going 1,3,4,5 ...... I did tell him pole 2 was important so he decided to get it in his jumping this morning. Still he is working well and apart from the odd pole or my lazy handling we are doing some great runs.

Keisha has forgotten what contacts are, I cant believe how many she missed this weekend, today she launched off the A-Frame so high I thought she was going into space, as you can imagine she got put back on and reminded where the ground was !!! Her jumping was really good though, a lovely run yesterday to finish 1st and another good run this morning to finish 4th.

Kody...... well lets just say apart from his jumping class yesterday to finish 4th we didn't quite get it together, he caught his dew claw earlier in the week and took the nail off, so now he thinks his leg is broken, I knew boys were always the drama queens !!!

Thank goodness I've got Zippy, he is such a good boy and is always very keen to work hard. I'm not sure why but I cant seem to click with him at the minute, I just feel like im letting him down and my stupid handling is putting seconds on to his runs, still Zippy is good and even though we haven't done any weave training this week he still managed two classes with single stride weaves so im really really chuffed.



Well done to Ellen and Hamish for winning their jumping class, a brilliant result considering it was your first Grade 2 show, not long until we see you in Grade 3. Congratulations to Amy and her two brilliant dogs, Summer and Dylan, they managed several placings so lots of rosettes this weekend, have fun on your week away with Mary Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment