Thursday 2 April 2009

Triathlon triumph

Last night was the club's annual triathlon, 13 teams were entered consisting of 4 people in each. The teams were made up of one person representing each discipline, agility, ring craft, beginners obedience and advanced obedience. The points are scored by how each team member finished against their respective opposition, i.e 13 agility members would be placed in their final position 1st equalling 13 points last 1 point, then the points would be added to the rest of the team and the team with the highest score would win. The teams were chosen by pulling names out of the hat and it was amazing that dad and me were drawn in the same team. Anyway to cut a long story short our team won !!!

Our agility member was first on and didn't have a great run which took the pressure off the rest of our team, dad was incredibly nervous so I think he was secretly glad that he hadn't done that well, he was next up in the beginners obedience and did an absolutely fantastic round, Kody really listened and they worked extremely well as a team. Our ringcraft member also had a great competition and finsihed 3rd. No pressure for Ronny and me then !!! I can admit it now, seems as it's all finished, but Ronny hasn't been to an obedience class for at least a year or so, we hadn't done any preparation for it so I did feel slightly nervous. Anyway in we went, Ronny did great heelwork on and off the lead, he kept his concentration on me and I don't think we lost many marks. His recall was fantastic and his retrieve was equally as good. I'm not sure where we placed overall but I was more than happy with his performance. He always seems to pull it out of the bag for me !!

Dad was chuffed to bits to win, I think that his first ever result couldn't of gone any better, I've heard all day today how good Kody and him are (he has got a big head). We got a rosette for winning which dad has put on top of the fire place and the dogs were rewarded with some goodies and toys, Kody was sharing his toy with Zippy earlier today, unfortunately they no longer exist as between all the dogs they have pulled the legs off them.

This weekend we are at the Shuttleworth agility show, hopefully the dogs will keep their good form and we will have a successful weekend. I will update you all on sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment