Monday 7 November 2011

November already ???

November already.......... this year is flying by. It has been a busy couple of months for us here, I didn't blog about it last month but Zippy had been very poorly for 3 weeks after contracting an infection after being neutered. I made numerous visits back to the vet, infact 5 times in 7 days but they kept telling me he was just taking longer to recover than normal but he was fine.




Then on the monday morning (a week later) I woke up and Zippy wouldn't even move, he looked so poorly and wouldn't even lift his head, I decided to take him to a different vets, thank god i did .... his temperature was dangerously high and they immediately started to treat him, his body had gone into shut down. After lots of treatment and daily visits to the vets for a week Zip started to recover, to look at him now you wouldn't even know, thankfully there are some good vets out there who know what they are doing, its a shame others don't and for them to put Zip's life on the line is completely unforgivable.

Anyway, on top of all that I had lost access to the field I was training on, complete rubbish timing as the training season had just began, however, I have just found a new paddock that is even better, its part of a horse yard and im allowed to leave my equipment out in the field which is a massive bonus, i also have access to a stable to store equipment such as my tunnel and weaves so they don't start rotting away in the bad weather. All this comes with free access to the menage too if it is not being used, how lucky am I ???
Last weekend we went over to Kates to meet up with Nat and Reno and Jackie and Speedy, we had a few hours training in Kates paddock which was great, we were then spoilt with lunch and pancakes to follow which were absolutely delicious, thanks very much Kate. I think all the doggies enjoyed there day and I know the humans certainly did.

Thanks to Grace for the lovely photos taken at the ABC semi back in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment