Monday 6 June 2011

Back home from the BSD WC

Just back from the BSD WC, arrived home early hours this morning and I am truly exhausted, I have only had a couple of hours sleep as I wanted to get up early and collect Ronny and Zippy from my mum and dad's, I have missed them very much this week and it was lovely to be mobbed by them on my arrival, as expected Ronny and Zippy both look like Hippo's and appeared to have had the best time, it's nice to be back together as our Mali mob !!!

Anyway ........ The WC, another experience I have learnt from, Keisha and me didn't manage a single clear in our qualifying rounds which is very unlike us as a team, we had a missed weave entry in one class, a pole in another and then two big fat E's. The standard is so high on the continent and we only had one option to just attack the courses to try and qualify for the final, the luck was just not on our side, our jumping round was the best but right near the end of the course Keisha brushed a pole with her back foot which was a real shame. In our team jumping round Keisha had 5F, she didn't even see the double pole jump and piled straight into it taking the wing and both poles out, again completely out of character for her, however, we did manage a clear in the team agility (after I bribed her with an ice cream) which I was really chuffed with, this was the one thing that has haunted me ever since last year when we missed our A-Frame contact in the team agility. We finished 4th in the Team event so hopefully next year we can improve and finally get on that podium.

The courses were fantastic, we watched the judges lay out there courses and used a minimum of 6-7 paces between each obstacle which is completely different to our UK courses which usually consist of 4-5 paces max between each obstacle, there were parts on each course that you really had to trust your dog and send them on, im going to set them up at home and start practicing ready for next year. The most noticeable thing for me this year was how the majority of countries ran each round as if it was a final, none of these steady runs that we tend to do to get a clear round, definitely something im guilty of, !!! but from start to finish attacking every part of the course, the French (who won the individual) and Finland (who won the team event) were phenomenal, infact the top four going into the final had two from each of these countries, they ran with such conviction and it was amazing to watch.

As soon as I get the course plans I will post them on here

1 comment: