Sunday 8 May 2011

What a FINAL way to finish Grade 5

This weekend has been very relaxing, yesterday I did lots of shopping and eating and then chilled in the garden with the doggies enjoying the sun, it's not very often I get to do nothing !!!

Today we have been at Beacon Agility Show, we have been lucky with the weather today as it stayed nice and dry. This was Zippy's last Grade 5 show and out of the three classes there were two qualifiers up for grabs. The first run this morning was the CSJ qualifier, I know Zippy has started to be cheeky on the start line and self release so I had already made up my mind before going in that when he broke I would put him back, well he didn't ...... when I turned around to take him back he was still sat there (what a good boy) so that was it we were off ...... he ran a super course, at one point I think he thought he had finished and went off to collect his toy, thankfully I spotted it so managed to call him off, a wide turn but nothing too major, he finished 4th and picked up a qualifying spot so now we are off to the CSJ Final in September. His jumping was next, a bit of a battle at the start as he was definitely going to break on this one, i stood my ground and managed to get him settled, another cracking run to finish in 2nd place. The last run of the day was the Dog Vegas qualifier, a really lovely course that just suited Zippy and me, he ran fantastically well, another toy moment in the middle of the course causing a wide turn but again we managed to save it, he finished in 3rd place so we have qualified for the final in August, how exciting !!!

Today was all about training for Keisha, im trying to prepare for the BSD WC and give us the best opportunity when we are over there, I really don't want her to miss a contact in the team event, it's the worst feeling ever knowing you have let your team down, anyway ...... I think training was definitely a good plan, she broke her wait twice today so I had to put her back, although she got all her contacts she self released on the DW so she got put back on that too, it wasn't all bad, she ran a lovely jumping round to finish 3rd and there were a couple of really hard sequences that she flew through so ive come away happy.

Ronny...... he always keeps my feet on the ground, such a hard dog to run, this morning was a disaster, he had a moment of the naughty Mali doing his own course and actually not even looking at me for direction, I decided to take him straight out on this course in the hope he would see im not playing that game anymore, well I think it worked, his next agility round was ace, we got most of the way round when naughty mummy sent him to the wrong side of the jump, he was so on the ball and his contact were solid and not a single pole down. His jumping was also brilliant, weave issues on this round but due to them moving as the ground was so hard it wasn't holding the pegs in, im pleased with him today, let's hope naughty Mali has gone for ever.

Huge congratulations to Jackie and the clever Speedy for gaining 3rd in their jumping class today, it was such a lovely run and his weaves were brilliant. Cant wait for next weekend when all the Kronik Kids are in action in the team dash !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment