Monday 2 August 2010

Dog Vegas Update

Wow what a very busy weekend, after 3 days of competing my legs were starting to feel it (Can't wait until the week long at Dashin Dogs) NOT !!!

Anyway, thanks to my brilliant dogs we brought home some great results. Keisha as always ran really well gaining 3 x 2nd's in agility and 2nd & 3rd in jumping, still having the odd issue with the A-Frame contact but generally speaking she is alot more consistent so im really pleased with her progress.

Kody has just been brilliant this weekend, it was his last Grade 5 Show and he definitely went out with a bang. 5 x 1st places and 1 x 2nd, when he is confident he is such a good boy, only one class with weave issues this time which on reflection I think was probably my fault, just peeling off to early and forced him to exit before the end, definitely a winter training point for him but apart from that he hit some great entries and his contacts were just super.

Zippy, how lucky am I to have another good dog, I cant believe how quickly he is growing in confidence and for such a young dog he is doing most things I would normally ask Kody to do. Don't get me wrong we are still having in-experienced moments like running past the dog walk if its not completely in line but im sure that will disappear soon. For his first Grade 4 Show he ran brilliantly and gained 3 x 3rd and a 4th.

So although the dogs are running well I am currently telling myself off. You think by now I would have learnt to get full control in the ring, especially after having a life time of naughty Ronny. Well for the first time ever Kody broke his wait (as seen on the video when the tunnel is the first obstacle) and then Zippy is being a very cheeky boy and yet again we have lost our waits at the start and his contacts have blown too. So from now on if any of the dogs break their waits they are being put BACK, if they release from the contact before agreed by me then they are being put BACK, if you see me ignoring this you have permission to Shoot ME !!!

Thanks to Kate for taking the great pictures of my dogs in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment