Friday 29 June 2012

The Good the Better and the Devastating !!!

The Good: Zippy is running fantastically well, some great results last weekend at Dogs Unleased, 3 x 2nd places, not perfect runs as either Zippy or me manage to get the course wrong, either turning the wrong way or just having too many wide turns but we are getting round them which is the main thing :) not far from getting that last G6 win now so I hope we can keep up our good form.

The Better: Wow Ronny is running amazingly, he won another G7 jumping last week, his other rounds just a pole in each and he even held all his contacts until he was released (good for him). What a difference since we have been G7 we are so much more chilled out and having fun (well obviously Ronny always had fun and its only me that's more chilled out lol)

The Devastating: Not been the best couple of weeks with Keisha, first she pulled up at Newton Heath in the champ agility lame, not really sure why and I haven't ran her since, no sign of lameness on her normal daily walks but she was obviously not happy about something. Then greedy guts managed to swallow a bone which ended up getting stuck in her rectum, packed off to the vets to get it removed, during which she had to have x-rays to establish where the bone was laying, all back to normal now from her operation and no long lasting damage caused but unfortunately the x-rays identified that she has Spondylitis in her vertebra, basically it is a form of arthritis.
Obviously explains the pulling up in the Champ class, she hadn't been running at her best for the last year or so now which is completely understandable, I wish I had identified the problem sooner I feel ever so guilty that I have been asking her to run with a bad back. :(
So ive made the easy decision to retire her, such a shame at an early age but her welfare comes first and I certainly don't want her to be in discomfort for something that is supposed to be fun, she's been a good dog for me and we have achieved so much together, what a brilliant dog and one that has certainly kept me sane through our agility years :-) Love Ratty forever x

1 comment: