Monday 28 May 2012

Up and running ......

Well we did our first show since coming back from the WC, we went to Adams and what a difference in the weather from what we had in Newbury, so much nicer and no rain in sight, all three dogs were back in action and boy did I know it !!!!

Ronny was running his first show as a Grade 7 dog (very exciting) he won the G7 Jumping although I could hear the odd pole or two being knocked along the way, I guess the luck was on our side in that class, he is running so much better now he has matured, his agility was still mad though, we can generally get round the courses but he still likes to fly his contacts on occasions !!!

Keisha ran some really nice rounds, 3rd in G7 Jumping on the sat and then won the C6-7 jumping on the sunday.

Zippy is really coming into form now, he won G6 Agility on the sat and got 2nd in C4-7 Jumping on the sun, really close on times in the jumping class, Zip got 33.26 and the winner just pipped him at 33.24 (frustrating that it was sooooooo close).

Nottingham last weekend, I was only competing on the saturday as I judged yesterday. What a difference a week makes, not a single clear. Ronny was running well, infact I was struggling to keep up with him he is full of beans at the minute, so nice to see and actually he came with control so that was a bonus, just some unlucky poles and crap handling by me but we are enjoying working together. Zippy ran a brilliant agility in the Crufts singles, a really handling course which we got all the way round until stupid me released him early on the DW contact right near to home, gutted but boy he was flying, the other two runs were a disaster, our timing was completely off and we were probably E'd 3/4 times over !!!

This was our first Champ Show, I had entered Keisha to try and gain some experience in the hope I will be a better handler for when Zippy gets there, well I think I ran well :-) Keisha on the other hand didn't want to know, she had no enthusiasm and just ran snail like pace, a bit embarrassing being in the champ ring but I guess they are not robots, her jumping was better but we just took the spread jump. Never mind there is always Hinckley Champ this weekend.

Some congratulations are in order, Kate and Heidi for winning G3 Agility at High Peak and a massive well done to Emma and Rupert winning G4 agility at Nottingham, it was an amazing run, im not sure who was actually running the round, Emma in the ring or me on the side line, very exciting !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment